Dissolve Your LLC or Corporation Pre-3/15, Avoid $800 Min Tax

by Matthew Burgess on March 8, 2011

If you’re wanting to dissolve a California business entity, such as a limited liability company or corporation, you may want to do that right away.

If the entity is dissolved before March 15, and if it has not conducted business in this calendar year, the $800 annual minimum franchise tax for 2011 will not be due, in most circumstances. If you wait until after the 15th, you’ll very likely have to pay $800 for the year.

We can file your Certificate of Cancellation/Dissolution at the counter in Sacramento in the next few days and get you in under the deadline. Begin the process of dissolution by filling out the appropriate form here.

It may take the California Secretary of State’s office weeks or months to process the dissolution paperwork, but the dissolution will be effective on the day they received the filing. This is why you cannot mail it in: you must file it with a courier service, at the counter for hand date-stamping.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Post to Twitter Post to Delicious Post to Digg Post to Facebook Post to Reddit Post to StumbleUpon

  • Jettabizz

    if you file all the proper documents for your LLC and you dont start your business until the next year
    would that be a problem?

  • http://twitter.com/JeffJCrooks Jeffrey Crooks

    I filed an LLC then canceled it for http://www.americanlivewire.com/ and they still say I owe them.

  • http://twitter.com/JeffJCrooks Jeffrey Crooks

    Window was within 10 days and before March 15th.

  • Henry

    It happend to http://www.fontigne.com as well. There is no explanation what so ever.

blog comments powered by Disqus

Previous post:

Next post: